On the evening of August 9th, 2018, the Westbury Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a house fire [possible basement fire] at 891 Prospect Avenue off Swalm Street. When firefighters arrived on scene they were met with a light smoke condition from a two-story occupied multiple dwelling. Upon further investigation firefighters found a malfunctioning boiler. Firefighters vented the building of the smoke and checked for carbon monoxide readings. All fire department units were under the command of Westbury Chief of Department Bartunek .
- Wantagh F.D. Signal 10 Bayberry Ln. 8/10/18
- Freeport F.D. 125th Anniversary/ 2nd Battalion Parade 8/11/18